A load cell measures the braking force, and hence the power, and an optical sensor measure the rotational speed of the turbine.
- Determining the characteristics of a propeller turbine, including the relationships of volume flow rate, head, torque produced, power output and efficiency to rotational speed.
- Self-contained, small-scale hydropower unit designed to demonstrate the operating principles of a propeller turbine
- 75l water reservoir
- Circulating pump, which produces 14m head at 4.4 l/s
- Loaded by a magnetic brake unit, which is controlled direct from the PCL inks to a PC via a USB interface
- Export of data to Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet software
- Electronic sensors monitor process variables
- Supplied with full education software package including comprehensive results processing and help facilities
- Maximum power: 55W
- Maximum speed: 3,500rpm
- Maximum torque::0. 60Nm
- Power required: 230v, 1ph
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
- L x W x H: 1000-x800 x 1200 mm